Saturday, September 22, 2012

Chapter 1.6: Can You Feel The Love Tonight?

Welcome back everyone! This chapter may be one of my favorites to date, because it shows an event I've been waiting to happen for a LONG time.

Last update, Sauda got around town a lot, and met some new people. She did manage to go on a not-so-romantic date with Taj. But now that he's an elder, he's looking a bit... well, old. Will Sauda continue to persistently follow Taj (age is no barrier to love!), or will she finally give someone else a chance?

Oh, look here, it's Sahan Diwan, Taj's newly aged to YA son. And he's joined the police force too! (I wonder if Daddy put in a word to get him the job!)

Sauda: Oooh, looking good!

I swear, if she tries to go after Taj's son I don't know what I'll do with myself. Probably sink into a hole out of embarrassment for creating such a perverse sim.



Apparently Sauda's had a lousy day at work. I guess getting very little sleep can do that to you. Her boss looks slightly concerned.

Sauda: Donnovan made me write reports all day, and now I have a headache!

So it's Donnovan now, ehh? She used to only call him fairy lover or that stupid fairy ally. Maybe she's actually learning to curb some of her insane tendencies!



But on the bright side, Sauda's newest promotion has given her a police car of her own. If I were living in Lucky Palms, I'd be fearful right now. That siren may never come off. The residents will have nightmares of Sauda driving around with the siren on, laughing like a maniac.



Elder Taj came by to have a chat with Sauda. He seems to be lecturing her... very attractive. Sauda has made absolutely zero progress with Taj since she first met him.



After Taj leaves, Sauda calls Donnovan. Naturally, I assume she's going to yell at him about fairies, or something like that.



Instead, she actually seems to be attempting a civil conversation.

Sauda: So, how about that trash? Doesn't it just smell... oh, you've noticed too? Yeah...

Is Sauda struggling for words here? This is unusual. Usually she just keeps ranting about fairies.



Sauda: After I rummage in the trash, I always take a bath. Not that I rummage in the trash often! I mean ever! I mean... okay, so sometimes there's some cool stuff in there...



The next day at work, Sauda seems to look at Donnovan with a new eye.

Sauda: Maybe he's not a fairy lover after all. Hey, he's kinda cute!

Has hell frozen over or something? Since when is Sauda nice to her boss? Or impressed by his attractiveness?



Sauda: He smells good too.

Um, whoa! Back up, back up! You are a little too far into his personal bubble!



After the weird smelling incident, Sauda somehow convinces Donnovan to come over. It starts out a little awkward.

Sauda: Hey.

Donnovan: Hey.



But then the atmosphere shifts.

Sauda: Oh, hey there.



Sauda: Want some soda? We could throw a party, just the two of us!

You know, usually in this type of sim flirting some kind of nectar or adult beverage is offered. Then again, without Late Night installed, and not having managed to obtain any nectar in France, Sauda's options are pretty limited. Soda it is, then.



Donnovan: OMG, I would love that!

Okay, so he didn't say that. But still, not a very manly moment on his part, he looks like he's trying to imitate a teen girl.



I find this especially cute because of their matching police uniforms.



YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES!

Sauda's wish is fulfilled, and I am a proud sim creator. My simmie-pie had her first kiss! *bawls like a baby*



Now THIS is what star-watching is meant to look like. Take that, Taj!



Sauda: Look, those stars look just like a fairy being killed by a fairy-hunter!

Donnovan: Um... yeah, okay!



Then the two enjoy some quality time together doing their separate activities.



Aww, okay, this is really, really sweet. She's dreaming of him!! Maybe Sauda's found real love at last!



Sauda: Donnovan's looking good in his uniform today.

She said that yesterday too. And the day before.



My patience has been rewarded!!



Donnovan has been coming over after work a lot. These two just can't seem to get enough of each other.





*Girly squeals*



The two head to a movie together. Sauda changes into her atrocious formal wear and Donnovan doesn't react at all. That wins him my approval, for sure! If he can handle Sauda's ugly formal outfit, he can handle the rest of her insanity too.



And looks whose birthday it is. After the movie ends, Sauda has her birthday right outside the theater.

Sauda: Best birthday ever!!

It's also her first birthday since I created her. But hey, it has been a pretty good day for her.



I'll end this chapter with sparkly, adult Sauda.




Well, just writing up this chapter made me happy! Sauda finally has some much deserved happiness. Because as much as she's insane, and nutty, and actually pretty rude, she's also a good sim at heart, and I'm pretty darn attached to her.

Are you curious what will come of this new relationship? Will Taj make a play to win Sauda over now that she has someone else in her life? Will there be babies soon??? We will see! In the meantime, please comment here with any feedback or head over to the forum thread (http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/574726.page) to chat with me and other readers. I always love to hear what you guys have to say! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment