Thursday, September 6, 2012

Chapter 1.4: France, Grumpy Face, and a Duck

Hey everyone! It's time for more Sauda randomness, woo!

Last update, Sauda focused on upping her skills to become more appealing to Taj, who is (quite rationally, actually) reluctant to give up his life with his wife and son in order to be with the very insane Sauda. She even had some rare successes, like winning a chess game! Now, Sauda is chilling in France, supposedly to participate in an art exchange, but mostly, in her words, "to escape the evil fairies."

This is Sauda's first morning in France, and naturally she's already parading around in a bathing suit. Not sure the other travelers staying at base camp know how to deal with her. Though I'm finding the way that woman is staring at her to be rather creepy. Honestly, I'd be freaked out, the woman is taking far too much of an interest in Sauda's backside...



Out on the town in her atrocious formalwear. I'm sure deceased French stylists are spinning in their graves, cringing at Sauda's crimes against fashion in their home country.



At last, time for the art exchange?

...Nope! Apparently Sauda has been summoned by this man, Elliot Saint-James, in order to find a mystery item of his that he dropped in some ancient ruins.

Elliot: Only you can help, Ms. Random!

Now, does Sauda look like a fearless, resourceful explorer, the kind of sim who would flourish in ancient ruins? NO! In fact, I have a sneaking suspicion that this is the French government's way of attempting to get rid of an insane tourist.

Sauda: Of course I'll do it!

This can't possibly end well.



Sauda: He told me to go this way. Where could those ruins possibly be?

I don't know, try the staircase descending down into dark, creepiness.



After she eventually finds her way in, Sauda gets her work out clearing away piles of rubble. Makes you wonder how freaking Elliot got far enough in to lose something, when all the doors are blocked.



Sauda: Knock knock. Who's there? Let me in!!

Clearly the phrase "abandoned, ancient ruins" means nothing to her.



Luckily for her, it's a secret door that opens when you knock it.

Sauda: Whhhhooooooaaaaa! So many cats!

For once I cannot dispute her claim. There are, in fact, an absurd amount of cat statues.

Sauda: I want to take them all home with me!!

NO, NO, NO, NO! Your house is already ugly enough, no need to make it even more bizarre.



Sauda continues through the ruins, looking out for potential objects Elliot might have dropped. She ventures down some dark staircases and generally creepy areas.



Sauda: Ooooh, maybe he dropped this treasure chest, better take a look inside! Or I guess I can just keep this treasure, no one will miss it...



Sauda: Oh look, a tent. Just when I'm ready for a nice rest. Very good!

Yeah, good for her some random traveler of the past was more prepared for their travels than she is. Seriously, Sauda must have a hidden lucky trait or something.



Unsurprisingly, when she sets out again to search Sauda goes straight for the hole with shiny lights around it. Insane sims are highly attracted to bright lights and shiny things.



And she finds a ball of light! Which apparently is a baseball, though it looks nothing like one. It turns out Elliot is a wuss who can't go exploring without his lucky baseball.



Sauda: I went through this for a baseball??



Sauda: I will choke that man when I see him! I thought it was something important, like his fairy repellent or toothbrush.

She really doesn't have to demonstrate the choking on herself.



Sauda fits in in France among all the miserable looking people. Grumpy Face even seems normal.



After Sauda returns the baseball to Elliot, she just stares at him open-mouthed. In awe of the task he sent her on, perhaps?



Then she makes a point of ignoring him.

Sauda: I won't talk to that imbecile! First he most grovel and beg for forgiveness!



Then she starts talking to herself outside.

Sauda: You should the join the police force, kid, it's the best time you can have. I spend most of my time eating donuts and fighting the fairies.

Wait... kid?



Kid: Oh wow, really? I like donuts!

Apparently for once Sauda actually wasn't talking to herself.



After amusing herself briefly teaching the poor child to follow in her insane ways, Sauda goes back to base camp and eats some ice cream. Typical behavior on her part.



And goes back on the tablet. Even more typical. I shouldn't have bought her that thing in a moment of weakness.



Then she lights the fire and has the most depressing, solitary campfire experience that I've ever seen. Seriously, it's like she's forcing herself to do something.



It's scary how often she's making the Grumpy Face.



And with that... vacation over! Welcome back to Lucky Palms, Sauda! And she didn't even manage to complete the opportunity she went there for in the first place. Apparently I am a fail of a simmer who didn't realize the painting had to be worth over 750 simoleons. As Sauda's paintings are currently averaging at 10 simoleons, you can see how well that worked out!



Back at her cruddy house, in her cruddy bed. And time is progressing again, Sauda's drawing ever closer to her adult birthday... I need some babies from her, and soon!



Sauda: I got a promotion! *WAAAAAHHH*

This is what I get for having an insane AND over-emotional sim.

Plus I'm not sure how she keeps getting promoted. She admits to doing nothing at work. What's wrong with her boss?



Well, maybe she's taking her promotion seriously and trying to get in shape.



Or not.



Sauda heads off to question one of the locals. Not sure he's going to take her so seriously though in that bathing suit.



Townie: What are you wearing? You're no police officer!

See what I mean?



Sauda: You're lying! The law looks upon you harshly for lying! Do you want to end up in jail, Mr.?



Townie: She's crazy AND scary!



Sauda: That's right! Now you were telling me, have you seen any suspicious activity...

She always wins. Hidden lucky trait, I swear!



Townie: I may have given you info to shut you up, but I still don't trust you, crazy lady.



Sauda: Blah blah blah, you're like a duck that talks instead of quacks. Quack quack.



Townie: I AM NOT A DUCK!

Apparently this is a sore spot for him. Maybe he's been called a duck in the past.



Sauda: Um, whatevs.

Townie: ARRRRGGGHHHH!

Sauda is very good at antagonizing other sims. She should do it for a living.



Sauda receives an absolutely wonderful opportunity from work. In order to be an effective police officer, she has to meet three townies. YES! I love these kinds of opportunities. More chances to throw her at various guys till she likes one of them.

I had her head over to a random hang out spot, and she came across this guy, Ezekiel.



Clearly they get along well. Sauda likes anyone she can make funny faces at.



Yes, ask his sign! Go go go!

I have morphed into 1/3 simmer, 1/3 cheerleader, and 1/3 crazy baby-obsessed simmer (yes, the two types of simmers are different, it takes a "unique" simmer to be crazy baby-obsessed).



Nope. I forgot, this is Sauda we're talking about. She doesn't flirt. The second things look good she goes straight to her childhood activities.

This time, it's tag. Except one of them clearly isn't very good at the game, as they're running in opposite directions.

It's only fitting that this chapter ends on that note of yet more fail.




How will Sauda's other townie encounters go? Will she ever find a man, or have some babies to continue the wishacy (I'll settle for the babies)? Will the insanity continue (that's an almost definite yes!)? Find out next time!

Once again, thanks for reading, I hope you liked this update. Feel free to comment here, or to go chat on my forum thread, here: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/574726.page. I always like hearing feedback! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment