Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Chapter 1.1: An Insane Start

In which we meet our lovely founder and the general craziness begins...

Hello everyone! If you've somehow stumbled on this page that means you're about to read my new wishacy, A Random Wishacy, starring the Random family as they progress through ten generations of free will, craziness, absurd personalities, and... well, randomness!

As this wishacy is all about everything random, even names must be random. Luckily, I have found a lovely, helpful site, behindthename.com/random, which provides me the tools to bestow upon my poor sims random (and frequently very bizarre) names. Because even the founder is not exempt from this, I went to the randomizer to see what name my oh-so-lucky founder would be fortunate enough to receive.

Here is the result:



That's right, everyone say hi to Sauda Random! I laughed when I sounded out the name and realized that it sounds just like "Sort of Random." I should have known that such a name choice could not possibly be given to a normal sim, and that fate would give me an absolutely nutty founder.

Sure enough, here is Sauda Random, the sim who I am dependent on to begin this wishacy, provide money to build a real house, and produce an heir of some sort before she dies so that this wishacy will last for longer than one pathetic generation.

Naturally, Sauda's randomly rolled traits include: Artistic, Daredevil, Inappropriate, Insane, and Over-Emotional. Why do I have that sinking feeling this wishacy is doomed from the start? Will she even be able to get a single sim in Lucky Palms to associate with her?



I place Sauda down in her lovely new home, and she is about as ungrateful as a sim can be.

Sauda: I refuse to live in this hovel! It offends my eyes!



Well, to be fair, we didn't exactly have tons of money to go all out on her new home.



Sauda: The walls don't clash with my clothing!

Well, we've made a bit of progress, I suppose. Though with Sauda's insane trait who knows when to expect another angry outburst.



Lucky Sauda, she's found the one and only seat in the house. I know you're all just dying of jealousy here, wishing you could have this amazing house for your very own sims!



Somehow, most likely because my sims like to torture me, Sauda's randomly rolled LTW is to be an international super spy. Sauda couldn't blend in among normal sims for anything, much less spy on them! Unfortunately, this whole challenge hinges on her somehow becoming a successful spy.

She sets off to get a beginning job with the police force. I guess she feels the need to change into a new outfit to really impress her interviewer. Though in my opinion, it looks more like she's trying out for a clown job, plus she refuses to put on shoes...



Sauda: Go away fairies, stop buzzing around my ears! Pick on someone your own size!

The insane trait is already showing.



Sauda: Hey you, what'cha lookin' at?

Officially the first time I've felt threatened by my own sim. That face will give me nightmares!



Sauda: This is terrible. I got the job! Now I have to come to this dreadful, fairy-infested place every day.

Talk about enthusiasm, I don't think she's much of a workaholic.



Sauda feels the desire for a much needed logic lesson (finally, her and I are seeing eye to eye!) so she heads over to the rather creepy science building to get some logic lessons. (How can you teach logic, by the way? Do they just sit playing chess the whole time till the students suddenly feel more logical?)



Seriously! Creepy, right? I think that green oozing stuff out in front does it for me.



Sauda finishes her lesson in a good mood.

Sauda: Blah blah blah! Hahahaha! Wooooo!

Or at least I think she is, hard to tell with insane sims sometimes...



Sauda: Now that I understand logic, I can reason out that my boss must be working with the fairies, those evil creatures! It is the only explanation!

Uh, can someone explain to her that Supernatural isn't out yet and fairies don't exist yet?



Sauda: I hate those little creatures! I just want to stomp on their wings and flatten their smirking faces. They all must DIE!

Now getting into violence Sauda? That's a bit extreme. (She'd better watch her back too, I know a few SimGuruArgus fangirls who might take offense to her anti-fairy attitude.)



Sauda: I must warn my new partner, Taj, about this new threat. Yes, he must know.

Well, at least Sauda's showing an interest in another sim, this can't be a bad thing.

And Sauda, don't lie, we all know the real reason you're calling is because you have a burning wish to learn his sign. Well, this is one wish I'm determined to fill for you!



Sauda: Hey Taj, I was thinking we could research fairies together at the library...

Is it too much to hope that her mysterious co-worker may also have the insane trait?



Well, here's an image of the guy! As he's one of two people Sauda currently knows (the other being her "evil" boss), I'm hopeful the conversation will go well.



The conversation ends when Sauda is distracted by a nearby bush behind the fence.

Sauda: Hey you! I see you hiding behind there! Come out fairy, I'm not afraid to fight you, you won't trick me with any of your fairy magic!

It's a good thing I didn't put her in Hidden Springs, where there is significantly more foliage and a significantly larger population of green-skinned sims for her to accuse of being fairies.



Finally Sauda leaves the freaky science building area so she can go to the art gallery. At last, one of her traits is not completely sabotaging her! Maybe she will meet a nice artsy guy and they'll fall instantly in love.



Sauda: My neck hurts.

Yeah, maybe because you somehow got it embedded in the wall!



Being a hopeful wishacy player, when I spot the other sims hanging around the gallery I hope against hope that Sauda will go talk to one of them, even if it's just to discuss her insane theories. I mean, that man looks like enough of a hipster that he'd appreciate Sauda's uniqueness- or I can hope, right?



Unsurprisingly, my sim has other plans.

Sauda: I am all alone. No one will aid me in my quest against the fairies. I am going to go sulk by myself.

NOOOOO! Go back to the people Sauda, back to the people!



Sauda: Woooooow! My life has been changed by this piece of art! It's illuminating!



And it's... a blank wall.

Very nice Sauda, I'm so very glad you're my only hope for this wishacy continuing.



So far Sauda has only two expressions. Here is the first of the two, which I have titled Grumpy Face. A very attractive look for her, right?



Sauda: HOME!

And here's expression #2, which I call Insane Face.



Sauda: Taj was busy before, but I bet he'll come help me out now!



Sauda: You're busy every day until you die? Really? But you haven't even been over yet!

She hasn't even met the guy in person yet and already he knows she's stark, raving mad. Great, just great.

I'm starting to get grumpy too, that wish to know his sign is still hanging around and I'm determined to have it fulfilled! But luckily, Sauda is persistent.

Sauda: Pleeeeeeeease, my lovely work partner! I'm begging, please come over!



Her face really does seem stuck like this. Poor sim, I've never seen a sim without the grumpy trait who's this grumpy!



At last she heads inside to make dinner... and then she burns the mac and cheese. Can this sim do nothing right?



Yeah, not exactly appetizing.



Especially when you have to eat your burnt meal on the toilet.



Sauda heads to bed after a not-so-great first day in town. And that's when she changes into her formalwear. Uhhh, that's quite a piece! Hopefully if she manages to find a guy crazy enough to marry her I can convince her to wear something else to the wedding.



Good night, Sauda!





Well, now that you've met my insane founder, you know just how much work I've got cut out for me. If those are the random traits she got, what could possibly be in store for me next? I've got no clue!

If you've enjoyed this craziness, please comment on here or check out my thread on the Sims 3 forums (you can find the link to the thread in the "About the Random Wishacy" section. I'd love to know what you think of Sauda and her... unusual life. Thanks for reading, guys!

14 comments:

  1. I LOVE this start! Your writing style is so unique and we can clearly see your personality shine through.

    Just like you, I just started a blog as well, with only the first chapter posted. Can you please let me know what you think? If you like I can also add you to my blogroll? Just leave a link to your site in the comment box :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is very entertaining, and I love the pink clownish outfit. (maybe not for police work hehehe) beautiful recolor...her grumpy face is kinda scary!! eeek, you continue to inspire me...my blog is still sitting blank lol

    Skdluzak

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, thanks so much Shannon, you're too sweet!! You can get something started, believe me, I have tried so many things and ended up quitting most of them. But the contests on the GG forum have really reminded me of just why I love sharing my pictures and my sims with everyone :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Think I will try...haha again....

    ReplyDelete
  5. She seems entertaining in her unique way.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Insane Sims, they are so fun! This is great! Really enjoying it! XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I love insane sims too, Sauda is probably one of my favorite sims I've ever played :)

      Delete
  7. Me like! Love the commentary style! XD I just found this btw. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. When I first started to play the sims, I didn't like playing with Insane trait sims cause of their randomness. But playing them in stories like this, they can be fun. Lilah is my first Insane trait sim that I have in my game. Writing her is fun. I remember you offering Sauda in Borage's story and I saw I have her saved as a sim file on my HD. Since she hates fairies so much. I think it will be funny to have her actually meet one LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I have a lot of fun playing with insane sims! In a more serious story it can be difficult to incorporate them. But in a more humorous story... it works very well :)

      Haha, if Sauda actually met a fairy she would freak! I would love to see that happen!

      Delete
  9. Oh lordy Jo, you have your work cut out 10 fold :P I canæt believe I didn't see the thread before now, but I know I am so going to enjoy this insane ride :P squishy hugz

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is hilarious! I love he idea of randomising names! Go Sauda!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just came across this! Loved the start, Sauda is quite funny! I just started my own Wishacy, so we'll see how it goes.

    ReplyDelete